The College of Music announces the acquisition of a 5-stop historic organ constructed about 1780 in Europe and brought to Texas by German immigrants sometime in the 1850s. After being discovered by the builder Ruben Frells years ago, the organ was lovingly restored to playing condition by the renowned Susan Tattershall during the 1980s. About 1990, Susan Ferre and Charles Lang purchased the organ, and for many years it was on display at the Mesquite Arts Center. The organ currently is winded by the traditional manual pump, and will eventually be retrofitted with an optional electric blower. Inaugural festivities are planned for spring or fall 2016.